Monday, July 25, 2011

The Road to Roller Derby

I considered trying roller derby a few years ago, but my non-agressive personality and the fact I bruise like a peach made me abandon the thought. Fast forward to a couple months ago when I met my friend, Gabrielle, who mentioned she was interested in having a go at derby. (Her sister also happens to play for the Terminal City Roller Girls).
So I put my reservations aside and saved up to purchase a "Raw Meat Package" consisting of a helmet, mouth guard, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, and of course: derby skates.


Ooh! Pretty!

This past Friday we had our first "practice", which was basically trying to stay upright and get used to skating again (it's been ages for both of us) and managing to make a few laps around the lacrosse box without bailing. We skated for about an hour before it got too dark. A successful first time out! ^_^



This week: Derby Drills care of Gabrielle's sister. They sound intense. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment